So this is my first blog post for my music assignment. I honestly have had trouble finding time to practice lately just with everything else going on but that being said i have had a little bit of down time to pick up the uke and practice my chords a little bit. I find it pretty relaxing and really fun i just wish i had more time! I had to narrow down which chords i am going to learn and which songs i want to be able to play by the end and here they are:

Chords:

Major Chords – A B C D E F G

Minor Chords -Am Bm Cm Dm Em Fm Gm

Songs:

I’m with you – Vance Joy(Chords – C, Em, D, G, Am)

K – Mac Demarco(Chords – F, Dm, A, Cm, Am, C7)

I haven’t attempted the songs yet but I find it handy that both songs only have chords that i will be learning (with the exception of C7). I have started to learn the major chords and I’m finding it fairly straight forward except for the chords B and E. Im finding these two chords in particular very tough to play correctly let alone transition into and from what I’ve gathered online, they are a couple of the toughest chords to play. Im not going to let it hold me back though and I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to learn them and transition into them in no time. This upcoming week I’m going to try to do a little bit more especially because I’m going to have to broadcast my talents through a video pretty soon and thats a little nerve racking!