Our PSII visit was very cool! Meeting the principal, Jeff Hopkin, was very informative and interesting. He obviously knew a lot about his school and it helped me understand the motivation behind the creation of PSII as well as the interworkings of it. I was very surprised at how small the school was but it was amazing to see the types of things they fit into the space. There was the sensory room which was very neat, they had multiple secluded group study rooms, a couple large meeting areas and of course it was very technology oriented.

I do think the whole inquiry technique of teaching is cool. I can definitely also see how it works for students in some cases but there is a limit. I really dont think that this type of learning and teaching is for everyone. This is true for me because i know that if i was in a school like this i would be completely lost. I would really like to learn more about the implementation of schools like these but i do not think that they should become the norm in the future. Making these schools the norm not be very beneficial to students as a whole in my opinion.

This may be my lack of information and experience talking but all that being said, i am very open to learning more about this and i am definitely open to incorporating it into public schools just in a toned down way. (Kind of like in Rebbeca Bathhurst Hunt’s class from what i heard)

Check out what PSII has going on here: learningstorm.org