This is it! This is what I’ve been working towards all semester. I feel pretty accomplished, way more accomplished than I did at the midterm. I definitely put in a lot more work leading up to the final than I did for the midterm and I think it shows.

I would like to discuss my final video a little bit.

At the start of my video I played the major chords just as a little recap of the midterm content. I was pretty proud of myself because from the midterm until now, I knocked 3 seconds off my time when going through the major chords. I then went into the minor chords. I played all of these forwards and backwards in the same way that I played the major chords on the midterm. Next i went into the song Still Beating by Mac Demarco. Here is the youtube video that I learned the song from:

I found this video and the instructor very helpful. The first time I watched the video I thought that there was no way I would be able to do the pick section but here I am at the final and I did it. As for actually playing the song, its literally just a repetition of G6, D7, Am, and C so instead of repeating that for 3 minutes i simply just played 20 seconds of the chords and played the audio of the pick section overtop. This was the best way I could incorporate the two sections. I also added the video of me playing the pick section at the end of the video just for proof.

Well thats it! I can definitely say that I have learned WAY more on ukulele than I ever have in the 5 years I’ve owned mine. Overall, I enjoyed this assignment and I’m glad I did it. It feels good to have a new skill.